Buje

Buje was first mentioned in as early as 981 as Castrum Bugi. Buje has retained the image of a fortified perched town until the present day. On the Buje cemetary outside the town walls there is the Church of St. Martin featuring the Renaissance portal.

The traditional festival of grapes is held every year in September. The area surrounding Buje favours agriculture and vines as seen in numerous wine cellars of which the first dates back to 1905. Buje, interesting to tourists as well, offers the hotel and apartment accommodation as well as the possibilities for hunting tourism and horse-back riding.